Tuesday 3 February 2015

Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma

This book, for God knows how long had been lying there on my iPhone library. I pushed it away thinking that it was probably a not so good book and being on a book slump at the time didn't really help either. But this book, this book is just, it's perfect.

I am currently re reading this book and I just had to type up a review. I'm just all emotional right now just thinking about it.


My Rating: 5/5

The Plot:  She is pretty and talented - sweet sixteen and never been kissed. He is seventeen; gorgeous and on the brink of a bright future. And now they have fallen in love. But... they are brother and sister.
Seventeen-year-old Lochan and sixteen-year-old Maya have always felt more like friends than siblings. Together they have stepped in for their alcoholic, wayward mother to take care of their three younger siblings. As defacto parents to the little ones, Lochan and Maya have had to grow up fast. And the stress of their lives—and the way they understand each other so completely—has also also brought them closer than two siblings would ordinarily be. So close, in fact, that they have fallen in love. Their clandestine romance quickly blooms into deep, desperate love. They know their relationship is wrong and cannot possibly continue. And yet, they cannot stop what feels so incredibly right. As the novel careens toward an explosive and shocking finale, only one thing is certain: a love this devastating has no happy ending.



Review: 

This was not an easy book to read. Not easy at all. 

In fact, it was so hard to read, such a struggle, because every page, every word, every emotion made my heart ache, my eyes hurt from a continuously shed tears. But in the end, it was worth it, all that pain felt, was bloody well worth it. 

I swear this book, is so tormentingly (is that even a word?) it was so tormentingly beautiful. It was so wrong in so many ways, but yet so right. 

I dived into the book without having read the synopsis, I dived into it knowing nothing. I was in no way prepared to read what I had just read. It's like once you start, you just can't stop, no matter what you're feeling. 

It's just so amazing that it just leaves you staring at your wall with just no words. I finished this book within 4 hours. My heart was beating so fast and so hard, it felt like it was going to come bursting out of my chest, my hands, my whole body, was shaking. 

This book, it repulses you, it disgusts you but you cry and you scream because you realize that it is painfully beautiful. It is reality. 
And through my heightened emotions at the time, this book broke my heart into so many pieces, it tore me apart leaving me to pick up the pieces, but slowly breaking again every time I thought about it. 
I love it. I love it so damn much. Because, it's real. It's so wrong but so right. The way it was written so beautifully, the way it makes you cry an ocean of tears, the way it rips your heart into a million pieces, I love it. I love Maya. I love Lochan. I love them both for never giving up, for never leaving each other whilst they had each other. I love Kit. I love Wila. I love Tiffin. I love them all. I would do anything to jump into their world and hug away their pain. I love them. I love Tabitha for writing this book. I love her for making me see reality. I bloody love her. 

I. Love. Forbidden


I loved it so much, that exactly half an hour of bawling my eyes out, I recommended this book to a friend, because I had to share my pain. I couldn't bear all this pain on my own. And I knew this friend would feel the same way I did. And I was right. So damn right. She read it straight away and I just knew that she loved it just as much as I did. 


I will love you forever Forbidden. 


No comments:

Post a Comment